Sunday 31 August 2014

This weekend.

I guess it all started on Friday night, as most people's weekends do. There was a series of events over the past few weeks that by Friday night, ended in me having a conversation with my ex for the first time since we split up. I guess I've been a little bit scared to talk to him. I was still a little angry, and I didn't want that to spill out. I wanted to be calm and collected. But unfortunately, due to some trouble I've been having all week with my hip and my knee, I was about doubled over on Naproxen. It wasn't my finest hour from a literary perspective. However, I'm still proud of myself. I didn't say anything I shouldn't, it wasn't awkward (I don't think so anyway) and most importantly, I wasn't overwhelmed with emotions. I felt very detached from him, as if nothing was ever there. On some levels I guess that's a little sad, but I'm happy to be able to move on from that time of my life. I felt a little sorry for him, due to the previously mentioned series of events, but other than that; nothing.
By Saturday morning, I was feeling a lot better. The pain in my hip had miraculously dwindled. I had brown cinammon sugar pop tarts for breakfast with really good coffee while I listened to the Pet Shop Boys and played GTAV.  During which, I had a quick little scroll through my twitter feed only to see that Tonight Alive and One OK Rock were planning on touring around Europe together this December. I instantly told my very good friend, Lee, who I knew would want to go. Unfortunately, the tickets for London were all sold out. But then Lee & I had a look to see who else would be touring in the UK soon, and we stumbled upon a Crossfaith gig at Koko in November. My best friend Hilary also likes them so the three of us have bought tickets and I am so excited to see them!
Hilary & I are going to see Darlia at the end of September in Nottingham. In February this year, we went to see The 1975 supported by Wolf Alice and The Neighbourhood in Norwich. Granted, Hilary only came because I wanted to go, and my motives were only for The Neighbourhood. But Wolf Alice were also amazing and we left half way through The 1975's set and we had a fantastic night.
Anyway, back to this weekend, after booking the tickets, I finally jumped in the shower and afterwards decided to chalk my hair. I'd bought some pink chalks and I'd been saving them, but I was just so excited and on such a high thinking about all of my plans for the next few months, I wanted to do it.
I used different shades of pink and some lilac stripes through it all. I love it so much, that I've actually decided to dye it like this permanently. My cousin, who is incidentally my hairdresser, is on holiday at the moment. But when I have a little bit of cash and she's back, I'm going to ask her to dye it for me.
Today I spent the morning focussing on tidying things up. I'm currently listening to Royal Blood's new album which is amazing and I'm feeling really good.





No comments:

Post a Comment