Thursday 14 August 2014

I'M BAD AT WRITING FILM REVIEWS: FILTH.


Tonight I watched James McAvoy in possibly one of his greatest roles. McAvoy plays Bruce Robertson, a manipulative, psychotic detective in the Edinburgh Police. The film follows his desperate attempt to fulfil his main goal in life: to become Detective Inspector. We watch Robertson as he he plays his games and hallucinates throughout. No words I use can describe McAvoy's ability to draw you in and make you emotionally involved with such an obnoxious character. As you watch him smoke and drink his way through Christmas morning, vomiting out of his car door, you really feel for the guy. 
McAvoy isn't the only star in this film. He's also accompanied by the fantastic Jim Broadbent playing Dr Rossi, Imogen Poots as Amanda Drummond and the unforgettable, never ageing Shirley Henderson as Bunty. 
I have to admit, I struggle with writing film reviews. I don't want to give anything away to you, as it really will spoil the viewing of this film. So trust me when I say: you need to watch this film.

No comments:

Post a Comment