Sunday 7 September 2014

"Are you going goth now?"

This is a question I've heard a lot recently. There are some people in this world who need to put you in a box, and when you climb out of your box to explore new avenues they don't quite know how to handle it.

Yes, I do wear an awful lot of black. But I always have. Granted in the more recent summers I've worn a bit of colour, but yes, as a rule: I wear a lot of black. It suits me and I like it.
I wear a lot of black lace, I wear black boots, I wear chokers and I wear purple lipsticks. I also listen to a lot of heavy rock/metal/screamo music. But if you look at the other stuff I listen to, you'll see it's not confined to that.

Please don't try to put me in a box. I love gothic style and some of my personality traits could reflect that, but there's so much more going on with me, and I don't need you to define what kind of person I am.

Don't put people in boxes. We aren't dolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment